Treasure Chest Gift Shop
The Treasure Chest Gift Shop is normally open Mondays through Fridays from 8:30 am to 4 pm. Visit the shop and choose from an assortment of items lovingly hand-crafted by volunteers from the GWSA’s Monday Quilting Group and Friday Craft Group. Please pay for your purchases (cash, credit or debit cards) at the Front Desk.
Our GWSA artists primarily use fabric and yarn donated by the community so you’ll find our items are very reasonably priced. We think we have the best bargains in Guelph! Proceeds from Gift Shop sales support the GWSA. Visit the shop on a regular basis as our inventory changes frequently.
The quilting group usually keeps the shop supplied with:
- Quilts in a variety of sizes – both hand and machine-quilted
- Play blankets for babies and toddlers
- Placemats and table runners
- Handmade tote bags
- Microwaveable fabric bowls
The craft group stocks the shop with:
- Birthday cards and gift cards
- A wide array of knitted, crocheted and embroidered items
GWSA Quilts and Crafters use their talents to support the community as well as the GWSA. Past donations have included:
- Chemo blankets for the General Hospital
- Knee blankets for St. Joe’s and Lapoint Fisher Nursing home
- Baby blankets for women in crisis
- Knitted hats for the Shoebox Project for Shelters
Please consider the GWSA for any donations you might like to make of high-quality quilting cottons, wool yarns, knitting needles; beads or other crafting supplies.
This slide show represents items that have been for sale at the gift shop. Visit the shop to see our current selection.