Join the GWSA
The information below is on hold until the Evergreen Centre re-opens to members.
Thank you for deciding to join us. You can also call us at 519-822-1260 extension 2694 with any questions you may have.
If you are 55 years of age or more and wish to join our dynamic association, please complete the following online form. After you click SEND, the information that you have provided will be sent to the GWSA Membership and Marketing Committee.
A volunteer will call to answer any questions you may have once the Evergreen is open again for business. To complete the registration, we invite you to come to the Evergreen Seniors Community Centre between 9 am and 3:30 pm Monday to Friday once the Evergreen Centre is open again to speak with a volunteer at the Front Information Desk and pay for your Annual G W S A Membership ($22 + HST). Alternatively, you can phone the Front Desk (519-823-1291) and pay for your Membership with your Credit Card (Visa or Mastercard).
At the bottom of the page, you can also sign up for GWSA Email Updates. Each month, approximately mid-month, the Membership & Marketing Committee sends a GWSA Email Update. It will highlight a few of the exciting things happening at the GWSA; important communications from the Board and upcoming programs by CSS. The GWSA Email Update is also a vehicle that the Board of Directors is using during the COVID-19 situation.
Current memberships have been automatically extended at no charge until our face-to-face programs can safely resume.
Normally, you can renew your GWSA Membership in several ways:
-At the Front Desk of the Evergreen Seniors Community Centre (payment may be made by cash, cheque payable to The City of Guelph, a City of Guelph Gift Card or a Visa or Mastercard Credit Card).
-Purchased over the phone with a Credit card (Visa or Mastercard)
-Mailing a cheque (payable to The City of Guelph).
You can then pick up your new Membership Card the next time you are at the Centre.
The Benefits of Membership
Take advantage of all the programs and services below:
- Join any of the more than 40 activity groups. Drop-in activity groups charge a nominal fee for each session. You can join other activity groups for a low-cost annual registration fee.
- Take City-run courses are held at the Evergreen Seniors Community Centre for the convenience of our members. Computer courses are conducted in the computer lab. Our members pay a discounted fee, and the course material is targeted to seniors.
- Get treatment or education at any of the clinics that operate in the Evergreen Seniors Community Centre. Services offered include foot care, blood pressure, diabetes support, osteoarthritis education, and hearing screening. Some clinics are at no cost for members.
- Participate in a variety of day trips organized by the Travel Committee.
- Enjoy breakfast or lunch in the Evergreen Restaurant or get meals to take home.
- Borrow items from our collection of fiction and non-fiction books, videocassettes, CDs and DVDs in the Book Nook.
- Subscribe to the monthly newsletter. The Sentinel is your best and most immediate source of information about ongoing activities and news about the Association. It is also a means of sharing comments and observations.
- The Technology Centre which is is open daily from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm (Monday to Friday) and is available for personal use such as browsing the internet and checking email. The lab is not available while computer courses are being conducted.
- Access wireless (Wi-Fi) connection to the internet throughout the Evergreen Seniors Community Centre. You can use your laptop, tablet, or smartphone to stay connected while at the Centre.
Be Active. Get Involved. Make Friends!