Join the GWSA
Be Active…Get Involved…Make Friends!
Take advantage of all the GWSA’s Programs and Services:
- Join any of the dozens of activity groups. Drop-in activity groups charge a nominal fee for each session. Other activity groups have a low-cost annual registration fee.
- Enjoy special events like dances, concerts, assemblies, and celebrations.
- Take City-run courses which are held at the Evergreen Seniors Community Centre for the convenience of our members.
- Attend health clinics that operate in the Evergreen Seniors Community Centre from time to time.
- Participate in a variety of day trips organized by the Trips, Travel, and Tours Committee.
- Enjoy breakfast or lunch in the Evergreen Restaurant, or get meals to take home.
- Borrow items from our library collection of fiction and non-fiction books, videocassettes, CDs and DVDs in the Book Nook.
- Receive the monthly newsletter. The Sentinel is a great source of information about ongoing activities and news about the GWSA. It’s free for monthly pickup with your membership and can be delivered for a nominal fee.
- Use the Technology Centre which is is open daily and is available for personal use such as browsing the internet and checking email.
- Start a new activity group if you have a few people to get things organized. It’s a great way to make new friends while sharing your talents and interests!
- Access free wireless (Wi-Fi) connection to the internet throughout the Evergreen Seniors Community Centre. You can use your laptop, tablet, or smartphone.
- Attend Annual General Meetings and Special Member Meetings
- Join the Board of Directors and any standing committees to participate in decisions.
GWSA Email Updates
Anyone can sign up for free GWSA Email Updates. Each month, the Membership & Marketing Committee sends an email to highlight things happening at the GWSA.
The modern GWSA website has the our latest news, and lots of information about our Activities, Programs, and Services.
- 55 years of age or more, or
- the spouse/partner of a GWSA member, or
- you are under 55 and are requesting approval to join*
- *Applicants under age 55 may be considered for membership by the Executive Committee for special circumstances. Such requests would be considered then referred to the Executive Committee by the Membership and Marketing Committee. You may also request request approval for health or social reasons regardless of age.
Annual Membership Fee
- $35.00 + HST = $39.55: pick up The Sentinel at the Evergreen Centre
- $42.00 + HST = $48.17: have The Sentinel hand-delivered to your home (only within Guelph city limits)
- $60.00 + HST = $67.80: have The Sentinel mailed to your home
Extension: All current memberships were extended during the shutdown that happened March 2020 to September, 2021. New membership cards with the revised expiry dates became available at Evergreen desk in September.
How to renew:
- Front Desk of the Evergreen Seniors Community Centre (cash, cheque payable to The City of Guelph, a City of Guelph Gift Card or a Visa or Mastercard Credit Card)
- Over the phone with a credit card (Visa or Mastercard)
- Mailing a cheque (payable to The City of Guelph)
Pick up your new Membership Card on the spot or the next time you are at the Centre.
To join today and receive your membership card, come into the Evergreen Centre and pay with Credit Card (Visa or Mastercard) or cheque made to the City of Guelph; or do so over the phone by calling the recreation line at 519-837-5699.
At this time, we do not have the ability for you to become a new member online.
Use the above procedures to register as a new member.
Please submit the form below so our membership team can welcome you, and invite you to any ‘new member events’.