Detailed below are eight key messages that expand on three important questions about the GWSA:
– What is the GWSA?
– Why does it exist?
– Why should the older adult population become members?
- The Guelph Wellington Seniors Association is a charitable organization that empowers 55+adults to lead active, healthy, fulfilling lives.
- We encourage and promote learning and run activities to strengthen our minds and bodies while encouraging social interaction.
- There is something for everyone at the GWSA regardless of ability. Our programming is based on the interests of our members.
- You are among friends. We currently have over 2,500 members and offer more than 40 activity groups led by 500+ peer volunteers.
- Our goal is to be accessible to as many older adults as possible. GWSA offers programming at the Evergreen Seniors Community Centre as well as other facilities throughout the community.
- As Guelph and Wellington’s voice for older adults, the GWSA takes an active role in advocating for what matters to our senior population.
- GWSA Community Support Services help seniors and caregivers remain independent, healthy and enjoying quality of life. Services include education, programs and support for aging-related concerns, eating well, gentle exercise and social engagement.
- Our network of health and community service partners ensures we stay informed about and can respond, to the issues that matter to our older adult population.