TRAVEL IN OCTOBER 2021 – REGISTER IN SEPTEMBER 2021.
Thursday, October 07, 2021:
A Day in St. Jacobs-
Total Cost: Members $25.00 (NON-REFUNDABLE**).
Join us for a visit to the market where you can shop at your leisure or have lunch (not included). In the afternoon we will make a stop downtown where you can visit the many unique shops or grab a snack at one of the villages restaurants or cafes (not included). Travel will be by school bus.
Please note: This trip requires walking throughout the day.
Leave: Evergreen Parking Lot: 8:00 a.m. Carousel: 8:10 a.m.
Return: 3:45 p.m.
- You must arrive by 7:45 a.m. with completed COVID-19 Screening and Contact List. These documents are available for download on the GWSA website, Trip, Travel and Tours page.
** This trip is NON-REFUNDABLE; doctor’s certificates will not be accepted. You will not receive a refund if you are denied bus entrance due to a positive COVID-19 screening and/or have not signed GWSA COVID-19 Liability Waiver and submitted Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination (2 doses). Should there be a mandatory provincial shutdown due to COVID-19 all participants will receive a full refund to their method of payment.
- It takes time to put these trips together and we need YOUR commitment to make these trips actually happen!
- DON’T WAIT! That means booking your trip BEFORE the trip has to be cancelled due to low numbers.
- The Travel Committee must give the number of bookings by September 16, 2021, and if there are not enough reservations AT THAT TIME, the trip will be cancelled! If you have already booked your seat, you will receive a refund.
- Please do not park your vehicles in the Evergreen parking lot while you are on a day trip. Vehicles must be left at the Carousel parking area in Riverside Park where you will board the bus. This allows for other members to have a place to park when they come throughout the day.
PROCEDURES FOR BOOKING
EACH PARTICIPANT WILL BE REQUIRED TO:
- PROVIDE PROOF OF COVID-19 VACCINATION (2 DOSES)
- COMPLETE THE GWSA COVID-19 LIABILITY WAIVER
- BRING THEIR COMPLETED COVID-19 SCREENING FORM AND CONTACT LIST WITH THEM ON THE DAY OF DEPARTURE
IF ONE OR BOTH DOSES OF THE COVID-19 VACCINATION WAS RECEIVED OUTSIDE OF ONTARIO YOU MUST COMPLETE THE OUT-OF-PROVINCE VACCINE FORM AT WDG PUBLIC HEATH (LINK BELOW). AFTER THE OUT-OF-PROVINCE VACCINATION IS VERIFIED A VACCINATION RECEIPT CAN BE PRINTED FROM ONTARIO HEALTH WEBSITE. LINKS ARE PROVIDED AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE.
AN EMAIL WILL BE SENT TO EACH PARTICIPANT AFTER TRIP BOOKING IS CLOSED ON SEPTEMBER 15, 2021. THE EMAIL WILL CONTAIN THE GWSA COVID-19 LIABILITY WAIVER TO BE ELECTRONICALLY SIGNED WITH INSTRUCTIONS HOW TO UPLOAD PROOF OF VACCINATION. IF EMAIL IS NOT ACCESSIBLE, EACH PARTICIPANT MUST CONTACT JOANNE WHITE (519) 400-2541 ON OR BEFORE SEPTEMBER 17, 2021. YOU WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO BOARD THE BUS IF BOTH DOCUMENTS ARE NOT ON FILE.
THESE ARE AVAILABLE ON THE GWSA WEBSITE LOCATED ON THE TRIPS, TRAVEL AND TOURS PAGE.
- All travellers on this GWSA Travel Club Trip must be a member of the Guelph Wellington Seniors Association.
- Please refrain from using scented products during GWSA trips.
Sign up for a RecEnroll account with the City of Guelph. Please see the Trip, Travel and Tours page on the GWSA website for specific instructions. Registration will be available from Wednesday, September 1, 2021, until the trip is fully booked, or booking will be closed on Wednesday, September 15, 2021.
Register by telephone
Wednesday, September 01, 2021, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. by contacting Customer Service at the Evergreen Seniors Centre at 519-823-1291. MasterCard, Visa, Amex or Visa Debit can be accepted for online or telephone booking. There will not be assigned seating on this trip. Seating will be available on a first come first serve basis.
This trip transportation will be on a school bus. We regret there will not be any wheelchair access. Walkers are permitted and can be stored in the cargo area of the bus. Please note: The coach will be sanitized and sold at full capacity. Masks will be required for all participants.
- Travellers with a disability, who require assistance during the trip, must be accompanied by a person who is fully capable of rendering such assistance (this person must be an adult for some trips). The cost for the assistant will be the fee published for the trip.
If you have any questions, please contact Customer Service at the Evergreen Seniors Centre at 519-823-1291.
COVID-19 Screening Form and Emergency Contact List
To Print Your Ontario Vaccination Receipt
What if I still have an old white/red non-photo ID health card?
The online portal is not available to people with outdated health cards. You must call the provincial vaccine booking line at 1-833-943-3900.
To Submit Out-of-Province Vaccination Information
This lets you send your out-of-province vaccination documents to WDG Public Health, so they can update your Ontario vaccination record. It may take a few days for it to be reflected on your Ontario Vaccination Receipt