THE GWSA WELCOMES NEW VOLUNTEER BOARD MEMBERS
The Guelph Wellington Seniors Association (GWSA) is a Registered Charity and a Not-For-Profit Corporation. Our Tagline: Be Active, Get Involved, Make Friends. Our many activities which take place for the most part at The Evergreen Seniors Community Centre are led by a Volunteer Board of Directors. Our members are older adults 55 years and older living in the Guelph-Wellington Area. Please visit our website (http://gwsa-guelph.ca) for complete information about the GWSA.
The GWSA invites enthusiastic and dedicated older adults to join our forward-thinking team to serve as our Board of Directors. We are looking for candidates who have leadership skills in the areas of board operation, community service, board governance, fund raising and volunteer management.
As a GWSA Board Member you will be expected to:
- Attend a minimum of eight (8) Board meetings per year
- Attend the GWSA Annual Meeting
- Encouraged to attend GWSA events
- Represent the Board on assigned committee(s)
- Participate in self-development training, where appropriate
- Perform other such duties as may be from time to time
Interested older adults should contact Becky MacDonald, Manager of Volunteer Services at email@example.com or telephone 519-823-1291 x 2096 with any questions or to connect with the Past President to discuss the Board of Director Position.