Linkages to Other Websites
This Website Usage Policy applies only to the GWSA website.
Our website contains linkages to other websites. Should you choose to link to another website, you will be subject to their privacy policies. We encourage you to read other websites’ privacy policies, especially if you choose to share any personal information.
Links for third-party Web sites are meant for convenience only. No endorsement of any third party’s products or services is expressed or implied by any information, material or content referred to or included on or linked from or to the Site.
The City of Guelph: The City of Guelph offers excellent recreational, social and educational courses or programs at the Evergreen Seniors Community Centre for individuals living in Guelph and the surrounding areas. Click here for details on the programs available through the City of Guelph including the Fall 2019 / Winter 2020 Community Guide. Download the Guide here. Register for programs and courses at https://regexpress.guelph.ca/Start/Start.asp.
- Fee Assistance in Recreation (FAIR) — The FAIR Program provides everyone the opportunity to participate in recreation programs.
- Age Friendly Guelph — In the spring of 2012, Community and Social Services launched an initiative to develop an Older Adult Strategy. The purpose of the strategy is to create an age-friendly community that supports older adults to live in security, maintain their health and participate fully in society. In response, the City will adapt its structure and services to be accessible and inclusive of older people with varying needs and capacities.
- Guelph Transit — Up to date information on route changes, closures and traffic problems.
- Affordable Bus Pass — Following a successful pilot period, the City of Guelph made its Affordable Bus Pass program permanent, effective January 1, 2014. Guelph Transit’s Affordable Bus Pass is a lower cost pass to help you get around Guelph using public transportation.Adults, youths and seniors living in low-income households are encouraged to apply. Those new to the program are welcome to apply at any time. If you are a current Affordable Bus Pass holder you are reminded to re-apply each year.
- Guelph Hydro: Download an information sheet with information on how to save money by conserving energy in a number of straightforward ways. There is also a link for a Home Assistance Program that benefits low-income residents of Guelph with hydro bills, etc.
Guelph and Area Resources
Local Medical and Mental Health Resources
Local Media Resources
Other Relevant Seniors Resources