Please note that information on the linked pages is provided by third-parties. GWSA is not responsible for its accuracy or currency. Please contact the source directly if you have questions or concerns about the information presented.
- The City of Guelph: The City of Guelph offers excellent recreational, social and educational courses or programs at the Evergreen Seniors Community Centre for individuals living in Guelph and the surrounding areas. Click here for details on the programs available through the City of Guelph including the Spring / Summer 2019 Community Guide. Register for programs here.
- Fee Assistance in Recreation (FAIR) — The FAIR Program provides everyone the opportunity to participate in recreation programs.
- Age Friendly Guelph — In the spring of 2012, Community and Social Services launched an initiative to develop an Older Adult Strategy. The purpose of the strategy is to create an age-friendly community that supports older adults to live in security, maintain their health and participate fully in society. In response, the City will adapt its structure and services to be accessible and inclusive of older people with varying needs and capacities.
- Guelph Transit — Up to date information on route changes, closures and traffic problems.
- Affordable Bus Pass — Following a successful pilot period, the City of Guelph made its Affordable Bus Pass program permanent, effective January 1, 2014. Guelph Transit’s Affordable Bus Pass is a lower cost pass to help you get around Guelph using public transportation.Adults, youths and seniors living in low-income households are encouraged to apply. Those new to the program are welcome to apply at any time. If you are a current Affordable Bus Pass holder you are reminded to re-apply each year.
- Guelph Hydro: Download an information sheet with information on how to save money by conserving energy in a number of straightforward ways. There is also a link for a Home Assistance Program that benefits low-income residents of Guelph with hydro bills, etc.
Guelph and Area Resources
Local Medical and Mental Health Resources
Local Media Resources
Other Relevant Seniors Resources