The City of Guelph has a new program (partnering with Guelph Enabling Garden) starting up May 26 called “Gardening for Wellness”.
Here are the details:
- Course ID: 27547
- Fee: Free
- Capacity: 12 people
- Day/Time: Thursdays (10:30 a.m.-12 p.m.)
- Dates: May 26-June 16 (4 weeks)
- Target audience: older adults (55+)
- Description: Experiences with gardens and nature have been linked with many health benefits: improved mood, focus, productivity, immune function; reduced stress, blood pressure, heart rate, stress hormone. The Guelph Enabling Garden (GEG) at Riverside Park is a multi-use garden where people of all abilities have access and accommodation to gardening activities. Come explore all the GEG has to offer through on-site, plant-related activities with Heidi, the GEG’s Registered Horticultural Therapist, creating take-home projects and learning some tips and tricks for incorporating nature and gardening into our lives to improve many aspects of health.
- Registration (starts May 2): over the phone by calling 519-837-5699 or on recenroll.ca: Seniors > General Interest > Visual Arts