Evergreen Updates & Improvements
What’s Happening at the Evergreen Centre?
While in-person activities have been on hold, the City of Guelph has been using the opportunity to make many updates and improvements at the Evergreen Seniors Community Centre.
Many are patiently looking forward to our return to the site, and it is refreshing to share some great news of what has been happening in the facility.
We thought you’d like to know!
- The entire building has been painted
- Dining room service is being reimagined upon re-opening:
- Will have fresh and frozen meals for pick up and “take out”
- Will be implementing different menu/meal/snack options
- Digital menu will allow us to continue to update the menu and add variety of food choices/rotating food options
- Exploring longer dining room hours
- New millwork and plexiglass for cash area
- New millwork for a standing height dining option
- New window coverings including artwork
- New front desk millwork and plexiglass
- Gym floors have been repaired and re-finished
- Refinishing of acoustic panels in the auditorium
- Auditorium stage curtains have been cleaned and treated with fire-retardant spray. Older, unsafe curtains to be replaced
- Window decals on main hallway windows to brighten the space/add character
- Computer room being converted to include a virtual programming space for online options for GWSA activities
- Snooker Room Updates:
- Two tables have been re-felted
- All tables getting new pockets
- New table covers
- New cue holders/decorative additions
The GWSA Board and Committees have been very busy as they continue to meet virtually, and many Activity Groups continue to connect online. We’ll try to keep you up-to-date as reopening plans develop in concert with GWSA members, staff, and the City of Guelph.
Watch our website for ongoing updates.