Get Involved . .
Welcome to the GWSA and thank you for deciding to join us. Your next step in the process is an application for a membership in the Guelph Wellington Seniors Association (GWSA). Please click here to learn more. This will take you to an online form for GWSA membership. You can also call us at 519-823-1291 with any questions you may have. We look forward to seeing you and to your involvement with the GWSA.
The Evergreen Seniors Centre is home to the Guelph Wellington Seniors Association, a non-profit organization for seniors, 55 years of age or older.
Our Motto is: Be active . Get involved . Make friends!
An annual GWSA membership
starts at just $22 + HST.
Welcome to The G W S A!
The Benefits of Membership
To apply for a membership in the Guelph Wellington Seniors Association, please click here. This will take you to an online form for GWSA membership. You can also call us at 519-823-1291 with any questions you may have. We look forward to seeing you and to your involvement with the GWSA. With your GWSA Membership, you can Take advantage of ALL the services shown below.
“Be Active .. Get Involved .. Make Friends”
- We’re located at 683 Woolwich Street, Guelph, Ontario, N1H 3Y8 just north of Speedvale and Woolwich in Guelph.
- Hours 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday to Friday (closed Statutory Holidays). The switchboard is open from 8:45 a.m. to 3:45 p.m Monday to Friday.
- Open weekends and evenings based on events and rentals.
- For information about renting our facilities, please click here for a brochure and then contact Tracy Benson for details.
- Join any of the more than 40 activity groups. Drop-in activity groups charge a nominal fee for each session. You can join other activity groups for a low-cost annual registration fee.
- Download your copy of the Activity Group Information (meeting location/frequency/cost/contact).
- Download your copy of the May 2017 activities at the GWSA here.
- Numerous city-run courses are held at the Evergreen Seniors Community Centre for the convenience of our members. Computer courses are conducted in the computer lab. Our members pay a discounted fee, and the course material is targeted to seniors.
- Get treatment or education at any of the clinics that operate in the Evergreen Seniors Community Centre. Services offered include foot care, blood pressure, diabetes support, osteoarthritis education, and hearing screening. Some clinics are at no cost for members. See Health Services for more details.
- Participate in a variety of day-trips organized by the Travel Committee.
- Enjoy breakfast or lunch in the Evergreen Restaurant. Download the April 2017 Menu. Take advantage of our convenient meals-to-go service.
- Free lending library. Borrow items from our collection of fiction and non-fiction books, videocassettes, CDs and DVDs. Visit the Book Nook.
- Subscription to the monthly newsletter. The Sentinel is your best and most immediate source of information about ongoing activities and news about the Association. It is also a means of sharing comments and observations.
- The computer lab is open daily from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm and is available for personal use such as browsing the internet and checking email. The lab is not available while computer courses are being conducted.
- Wireless (Wi-Fi) connection to the internet is available throughout the Evergreen Seniors Community Centre. You can use your laptop, tablet, or smartphone to stay connected while at the Centre.
To apply for a membership in the Guelph Wellington Seniors Association, please click here. This will take you to an online form for GWSA membership. You can also call us at 519-823-1291 with any questions you may have. We look forward to seeing you and to your involvement with the GWSA.
Join the GWSA — Be Active. Get Involved. Make Friends!